A Rare Lowland Malt
Situated on the Forth and Clyde canal near Falkirk, Rosebank distillery was founded in 1840 by James Rankine, who converted a set of existing buildings used for maltings from a previous distillery. Rosebank was one of the Lowland's most popular distillers at the end of the 19th century, being in high demand with blenders. The whisky was made in the traditional triple distilled style of the area and continued to be produced via that method until it closed in 1993.
As of 2017, Ian Macleod Distillers had embarked on a project to revitalise Rosebank, purchasing both the old distillery buildings from the Scottish canals authority and the 'Rosebank' trademark from Diageo. From the pre-1993 period, bottlings are rare, with most being independently bottled examples from after the distillery closed by Gordon and MacPhail and That Boutique-y Whisky Company.